Wednesday 26 September 2012

Baking in France

It has been a loooong time since my last post, and for that I am so sorry! My excuses: travelling in Europe for a couple of weeks, and a new job!! First off, my culinary trip to France was fantastic. Like, fan-flipping-tastic. I had no idea what to expect when I arrived at l'École Française de Boulangerie et de Pâtisserie d'Aurillac but what I got was the warmest welcome, the most amazing French meals, private tours of the neighbouring villages, and best of all, private pâtisserie and boulangerie lessons with French chefs. I'll spare you all the details and let the pictures speak for themselves.

Beautiful Aurillac landscapes- so lush and green

A lovely auberge where we ate déjeuner (lunch)



Carrousels are in the most random places in Europe

Visit to a farm where we watched the farmers milk the cows and then
tasted their cheese! Such an authentic experience

Decorative breads made in school

Our finished products after only one day!

Traditional French baguettes

Rye bread- a specialty of the region and very different from the rye bread we know

Decorative bread hahah

Breads, brioches and sandwiches 

Pastries!

Citrus mousse on a meringue biscuit

Blackberry flan with a cinnamon crumble

Nougatine macarons! I can now say I learned to make French macarons
in FRANCE! :)

Tropical pie- pineapple almond cream baked into a shortbread
crust, covered with a pineapple/ mango/ banana spread and topped
with a crispy crumble! THE. BEST.

It was most definitely a trip to remember! I am so privileged to have had the chance to work alongside the chefs at EFBPA. I must thank Christian Vabret (founder of the school, Meilleur Ouvrier de France and the list goes on) and Nathalie Breuil (director of the school and superwoman extraordinaire) for making my stay in Aurillac such a great one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment