Sunday 27 May 2012

Also in the meanwhile,

...I participated in my first culinary competition! It was called L'Apprenti étudiant en boulangerie 2012. Over 2 days, I had to make the following: croissants, chocolatines, traditional French baguettes, decorative French baguettes, and a free-expression bread and brioche. Here are a few pictures taken by my teacher, François Tachon. Merci chef!

Rolling my croissants

Checking my brioche!

Apple spiced bread

French brioche filled with goat's milk Brie and strawberries- mmm :)

My finished croissants! The judges liked my croissants the best ;)

Finished chocolatines, so flakey and round and cuuuute!

Traditional French baguettes

Decorative French baguettes, sprinkled with black and white sesame

At the results ceremony, with a sampling of my finished products

My classmates and competitors, and teacher, M. Tachon
 

RESULTS ARE IN... I WON FIRST PLACE! :) :) :)


Congratulations to all the winners! I am so excited to be going to France
in the fall as part of my prize! I will be attending a boulangerie/ pâtisserie
conference in Aurillac- can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment